Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My name is Anne, but you can call me Annie


Only people I love have ever been entitled to call me Annie.* You can call me Annie. Here's why: I adore working in costume and wardrobe. Therefore,by the transitive property, I love wardrobe; You are attached to wardorbe or costume too; so, I love you.



This blog will be a lightly informal place to get to know this aspect of my professional aspirations. To amplify the informality and the get-to-know-annie vibe, I am showing you a couple of pictures of my family. My son is in the upper left hand corner - I really hope that when I ask him what he wants to be for halloween next year, he will ask for something more fanciful. Some early wishlist items include ghost, as in a white sheet type. My heart cries a little at the simple thought. My fiance is pictured with me on the right side here. We are gussied up for a formal dance from two years ago at CSUCI while he was getting his teaching credentials. I whipped out my gown and a formal vest for him. Just in case you ever find yourself making Vogue 8048, there is a mistake in the illustration for attaching the vest pockets. The pieces are illustrated upside down. No worries - by the time that you make it the 3rd time, you will remember that you do not want to rip it out and self correct when attaching the pocket lining to the 4th vest.

Since I get the feeling that I shouldn't be sharing about the stuff I have worked on that hasn't been released yet, so I will mainly be sharing hypothetical project, drawings, and finshed seamstress work.

*My great love, Mr. K, will probably never call me Annie again because it was spoiled for him long ago by another. Our love goes on despite that spoiler.

No comments: